Thursday, September 19, 2024

“I’m Trying” (a poem for the hopeless)

 


My boundaries only bother those who enjoy crossing them. May the gaslighters burst into flames of justice. Such a glorious bonfire. Hate is a verb. I’m not sorry.


I’m Trying

I’m trying…

to be gracious but firm in purpose.

to be gentle and be a warrior.

to be positive when history favors the contrary. 

to accept terrible truths.

to not be defined by the truth. 


I’m trying…

because everything depends upon it.

because it is a prerequisite to healing.

because nothing good comes from quitting.

because I know not of an easier way.

because I want to; I do what I want.


I’m trying…

new things and meeting new people. 

by visiting old places and feeling them differently. 

to face frightening things in order to conquer them (or be conquered by them).

the difficult things because the simple one’s baffle. 

out being human for the first time…

We are not things. 


I’m trying..,

for myself and for you. For us all.

for the sake of absurdity and ultimate folly.

for those who blazed the trail- in remembrance. 

for no particular reason or end. 

to seize the opportunity to fail, as always


This moment, because it has value. I value effort, even if it’s wasteful. 

This way, because the other methods kill.

This path, because it is what I’ve chosen.

This body, because there are no other options.

This place, because I fled another. 


I’m trying…

even though surrender seems logical. 

even if I lose the rest of me in defeat. 

even if none of it is appreciated. 

even when I act, look, and feel stupid. 

even if it doesn’t and will never matter. 


It never has before.


I’m trying.

-spc ©️ 2024

(I own the copyrights to my life, my story, and my journey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I’m Trying” (a poem for the hopeless)

  My boundaries only bother those who enjoy crossing them. May the gaslighters burst into flames of justice. Such a glorious bonfire. Hate i...